Ajay Prasad is the CEO of GMR Web Team, a full-service healthcare digital marketing agency focused on patient acquisition and retention.
The ongoing boom in demand for medical spa services has driven the $14.4 billion industry, which is projected to grow at a CAGR of 15.3% worldwide. Fueled by consumers’ desire to look and feel better and the availability of newer therapies that make their dream a reality, the U.S. market is estimated at more than $5.4 billion. However, even with this great growth, success doesn’t come easy for medical spa practices in this digital age. For them, laser-sharp marketing aligned with considerations of changed healthcare consumer behavior and care expectations is mandatory.
Consumers Have Taken Health Matters Into Their Own Hands
We are witnessing a dramatic shift in how healthcare consumers seek and consume medical services in the U.S. As noted in one study, about 94% of them research specific medical issues or conditions, with nearly 60% getting that information online before contacting a doctor. This knowledge empowers them to play a bigger role in managing and promoting their own wellness. Combine that with the growing preference for virtual care options and closer doctor-patient relationships, and you can see why medical spas today require a robust digital marketing strategy to target clients with laser precision.
So, what’s the best medical spa marketing formula for practices in this digital age? Based on my experience in helping this type of client with their digital marketing, here are four strategies that are necessary for practices to thrive in this competitive age of healthcare consumerism.
Strategies to make your medical spa the most attractive option to new patients in your location should include:
• A user-friendly website: This is the foundation of a robust online presence for attracting, capturing and converting med spa leads online.
• Search engine optimization (SEO) and content marketing: A study of billions of search results finds that over 25% of Google searchers click on the first organic result. With an optimized website and SEO-driven content, prospective clients can easily spot attractive med spa brands on search engine results pages (SERPs).
• Patient reviews: 84% of people consider online reviews as “very important” or “important” in making healthcare decisions. Ensure you consistently generate positive patient reviews to acquire more new patients.
• Appointment scheduling: Medical spas can miss out on prospective clients due to difficulties in scheduling or changing appointments online. So use effective tools to optimize appointment scheduling and synchronize booking information for your patients.
• Referrals programs: Harness your positive reputation by encouraging your happy patients to refer others to your medical spa.
Building Your Medical Spa Brand
That medical spa marketing is sensitive territory is a no-brainer. After all, you’re targeting prospects that are concerned about their looks, and the perception you create for your brand can be a deal maker or breaker. Med spa branding allows you to portray your practice as trustworthy and relatable to potential clients by showcasing a personality that perfectly suits their cosmetic goals.
For this, utilize the following:
• Custom branding: Start by studying the beauty and health aspirations of your target demographics. Build your brand around those expectations while effectively conveying your unique value proposition to prospects across your digital marketing footprint.
• Social media: Your brand should be on social media platforms like Instagram, YouTube and Facebook. Consumers are increasingly going there to find plastic surgeons and have conversations about anti-aging therapies and more. By regularly posting before-and-after photos or videos about what you do or offer, you can boost your online image as an expert and communicate your unique style to prospects.
Keeping a loyal patient costs five times less than getting a new one, making patient retention vital for successful medical spa marketing. Tactics that can help your medical spa retain more clients include:
• Patient service recovery program: Unhappy med spa clients can cost your practice valuable prospects by telling others about their poor experience. With an effective recovery program, you can intercept such patients to make things right with them before it’s too late.
• Patient satisfaction monitoring: Tracking your clients’ satisfaction levels allows you to continuously improve the patient experience. Post-care surveys can tell you what your clients want and expect to stick around.
• Patient engagement and communication tools: Leverage technology like telemedicine and two-way SMS to engage your clients better. This is key for retention in today’s competitive medical spa business, where clients value personalized client-provider relationships.
Measuring Your Practice Success
You should measure practice success to keep improving your medical spa marketing plan. Approaches that can help with this strategy include:
• Sending surveys to patients: Asking your clients a few post-appointment questions is a great way to extract deeper insights into the patient experience. It can provide the answers you need to constantly improve at every step of the care journey.
• Using AI-based sentiment analysis tools: After-care surveys reveal what patients think about your practice. Analyzing the feedback using AI can quickly tell you what they feel about every interaction with your care system.
A solid medical spa marketing plan is mandatory to leverage growth in the industry and compete more effectively online. You need a robust online presence and a relatable brand for this. Executed well, these strategies can make your med spa practice easier to find and more attractive to new patients at the expense of your competition. Build on that using a patient retention program and practice success metrics (as discussed above) to closely monitor and improve the patient experience. By exploring these key areas of differentiation, you can create a loyal client base for your med spa practice.
Forbes Agency Council is an invitation-only community for executives in successful public relations, media strategy, creative and advertising agencies. Do I qualify?
What Is A Digital Marketing Strategy? 5 Steps To Create One
Give Your Business a Increase with These Could Score Plans
Hyper Results Unveils Detailed Small business Advertising Prepare for Kitsap County Enterprises